- How do you get machine data without interfering with the process?
- What's an easy way to monitor temperature in a server room?
- How can you control the flow of heating and cooling water in your HVAC system?
These are the kinds of fundamental questions that come up over and over in automation applications, and our new Automation 101 video series aims to answer them.
The data we need to monitor and control our equipment and processes is often trapped in the physical world—especially in older, legacy equipment.
To automate systems, improve efficiency, and provide data for business decisions, we must move that data into the digital world for tracking, analysis, and control. These videos show you step-by-step how to get the data where you need it.
Each video focuses on typical signals and a typical scenario like measuring the level in a tank or controlling a discrete output. Watch and learn how to:
- Wire the sensor or actuator to I/O
- Configure the I/O in a control program
- Send data locally or to the cloud for storage and analysis
In addition to the video, you'll also find wiring diagrams, links to the hardware and software used in the video, and more information.
Do the videos answer your questions? In the comments, let us know what other basic automation videos you'd like to see.