The 2024 groov EPIC Premium Factory Training class dates have been announced.
Are you interested in learning more about edge controller technology? Do you need help achieving digital transformation goals within your company? Or do you simply want to be exposed to the latest types of controllers that can do so much more than a PLC?
Make plans to join us next year in one of the groov EPIC Premium Factory Training classes at Opto 22 headquarters in Temecula, California. The 2024 class schedule has just been released.
Here's what you can expect during a week of groov training:
Your four-day groov EPIC System Premium Factory Training includes:
- Hands-on instruction for the groov EPIC system (Edge Programmable Industrial Controller). Just as the acronym describes, you will learn how to collect, process, view, and exchange data at the edge, explore new programming options, and use industrially hardened equipment to control applications in real time.
- System components and configuration, networking capabilities, diagnostics, troubleshooting, and communication methods that you can apply to your industrial automation application to build solutions for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
- Breakfast snacks and full lunch every day
- Opto 22 T-shirt
- Duffel bag with gifts inside
Prerequisites: Students must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, but no prior Opto 22 knowledge is required.
Class starts with lunch at 12:00 noon on Monday, followed by instruction from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. On Tuesday and Wednesday, class starts promptly at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 5:00 p.m. Thursday's class starts at 8:00 a.m. and ends with lunch served at 12:00 p.m.
Each class is limited to 12 students and costs $995 per seat. See Class Details for the complete course description. Some course topics you can expect:
- Select, install, and connect hardware and field devices
- Initialize and configure the groov EPIC processor
- Create control programs and choose programming functions
- Create HMIs
- Collect data from cloud services, databases, and other PLCs
2024 Class Dates:
January 22 - 25
March 4 - 7
April 15 - 18
June 3 - 6
July 15 - 18
August 26 - 29
October 7 - 10
November 18 - 21
Still not sure if this will be worth your time? Hear what our most recent class attendees shared about their experience.
- Awesome training overall!
- Training was great. Staff was exceptional.
- Really enjoyed having hands-on learning.
- I really enjoyed the Opto 22 training. I enjoyed the professionalism and patience of the instructors. The class was very well organized and the case studies/application practices were particularly helpful. I cannot think of any aspects of the training that could be improved. Very well done!
And if you can't wait until next year, we still have a few seats left in our upcoming December class.
There are also detailed lessons and groov EPIC courses available on OptoU—Opto 22's free online training.
What else can you look forward to in 2024? groov RIO lessons will be added to the online curriculum and will also cover the new addition of the CODESYS runtime engine on RIO. See how you can use this edge I/O unit as a PLC.
We hope to see you soon!