Opto 22's groov EPIC® system is scheduled to start shipping on May 18.
But you can start pre-ordering now!
Pre-orders will ship first, and based on early feedback from several EPIC Roadshows, this new system will be in high demand. Customers are excited about the built-in features of groov EPIC, not only for IIoT applications but for all automation and data acquisition applications.
Here are just a few of these features:
- Integrated high-resolution color touchscreen for HMI and commissioning
- Embedded I/O module specs and wiring diagrams
- No PC required for I/O and network configuration and troubleshooting
- UL Hazardous Locations approved and ATEX compliant
- Wide -20 to 70 °C operating temperature range
- Hot-swappable I/O
- Stainless-steel chassis with 4, 8, or 16 I/O modules; I/O density of up to 24 channels per module
- Spring-clamp terminal strip for field wiring, accommodating up to 14 AWG wire
- Integrated wireway with two-position swing-away cover
- Real-time, open-source Linux® OS running on an industrial quad-core ARM® processor
- Dual, independent Gigabit Ethernet network interfaces, dual USB ports, and HDMI output
- Securely shares data among databases, cloud services, PLC systems, remote equipment, and more
Control programming: flowchart-based PAC Control with scripting. Optional secure shell access (SSH) for your own custom-developed application. Future support for IEC 61131.
HMI: groov View for building and using your own HMI on any brand computer, phone, tablet, or other device with a web browser.
Node-RED for creating simple logic flows using pre-built nodes.
Ignition Edge® Onboard, providing OPC-UA drivers for Allen-Bradley® and Siemens® PLCs, plus MQTT/Sparkplug for efficient data communications (groov Enterprise license required).
Plan your system
See the groov EPIC parts and specs on our website now, including:
- The GRV-EPIC-PR1 controller with a Linux® OS and gateway functions
- Chassis and power supplies in a variety of sizes and power ratings
- Guaranteed-for-life discrete and analog I/O modules with up to 24 channels per module, all configurable on the controller's integrated hi-res touchscreen
Place your pre-order now!
Contact your local distributor or Opto 22 customer service:
Phone:1-800-321-6786 or +1-951-695-3000
Questions? Contact an Opto 22 Pre-sales Engineer.