In-person, instructor-led training classes resume at Opto 22 factory headquarters in Temecula, CA.
Many of you have been asking for groov EPIC Premium Factory Training, and 2023 is the year! After a hiatus from in-person training due to COVID-19 restrictions, the Opto 22 training staff is ready with an updated and more detailed groov EPIC curriculum.
Here's your chance to get hands-on instruction and some great tips and guidance from Opto engineers, all in a matter of 4 days in (usually sunny) Temecula, California. With each student at their own training station, everyone can program their own groov EPIC Learning Center.
Since it's been a few years, here's a refresher on topics the groov EPIC training covers and what's included in your 4-day agenda.
Your four-day groov EPIC System Premium Factory Training includes:
- Hands-on instruction for the groov EPIC system (Edge Programmable Industrial Controller). Just as the acronym describes, you will learn how to collect, process, view, and exchange data at the edge, explore new programming options, and use industrially hardened equipment to control applications in real time.
- System components and configuration, networking capabilities, diagnostics, troubleshooting, and communication methods that you can apply to your industrial automation application to build solutions for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
- Breakfast snacks and full lunch every day
- Opto 22 T-shirt
- Duffel bag with gifts inside
Prerequisites: Students must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, but no prior Opto 22 knowledge is required.
Class starts with lunch on Monday at 12:00 noon and instruction starting at 1:00 p.m., through 5:00 p.m. On Tuesday and Wednesday, class starts promptly at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 5:00 p.m. Thursday's class starts at 8:00 a.m. and ends with lunch served at 12:00 p.m.
Each class is limited to 12 students and costs $995 per seat. See Class Details for the complete course description. Some course topics you can expect:
- Select, install, and connect hardware and field devices
- Initialize and configure the groov EPIC processor
- Create control programs and choose programming functions
- Create HMIs
- Collect data from cloud services, databases, and other PLCs
Take a look at the 2023 training class schedule and current availability.
Ready to attend?
To purchase Premium Factory Training, see GROOV-TRAINING-PF.
After you purchase training, you will receive an activation key to register for one of the classes. Follow these steps:
- Log into your MyOpto account with your username and password. (This is the account used to purchase your groov product. If you don’t have a MyOpto account, you’ll be prompted to create one.)
- Click Manage groov.
- Click Activate.
- Enter your activation key (the activation key from the purchase of GROOV-TRAINING-PF).
- Click Submit.
- Choose the training class you want from those marked "Available." (Choose carefully! Please review our Cancellation Policy before selecting your class.)
- Click Apply. You are registered.
- Watch for an Opto 22 email confirming your class registration and giving you more information on what to expect.
And finally, here are some handy links to learn more about groov EPIC classroom training:
- Details about the class
- Purchase groov EPIC System Premium Factory Training
- Register for a class
- Cancellation Policy
- Map and driving directions
- Accommodations near Opto 22
We're looking forward to welcoming you to Opto headquarters!