groov RIO has been announced as a finalist for Control Engineering magazine's annual awards program.
It's that time of year again! Control Engineering just revealed their line up of new products that represent some of this year's best innovations in control, instrumentation and automation. Products fall under 29 different categories ranging from hardware, IIoT, machine control, and motion control, to network integration, power, process control, safety and software.
We're pleased to announce that Opto 22's groov RIO has been named a finalist in the I/O Systems category. Now it's up to engineering and automation professionals like yourself to cast your votes to determine the 2021 winners.
groov RIO (GRV-R7-MM1001-10) is an independent, intelligent Ethernet-based I/O module designed for IIoT and automation applications. It solves two main problems with most remote I/O today:
- First, specifying all the required components (rack, power supply, bus coupler, module types, and more) is time-consuming, difficult, and requires special skills.
- Second, communicating data among field devices, control systems, business applications, and cloud services is complex and costly, requiring PLCs, custom programming, and other expensive middleware.
groov RIO revolutionizes remote I/O by solving both problems:
- One part number. A single device provides sensing and control for 12 different signal types via built-in multifunction, multi-signal I/O channels, and packages it together with an intelligent I/O processor, power over Ethernet, two mounting options with no rack or chassis, and software—in a compact industrial housing.
- Built-in processing and communication. Embedded web-based configuration, flow logic software, efficient data communication methods like MQTT, and multiple operations technology (OT) and information technology (IT) protocols simplify any application.
And did we mention the thousands of field I/O combinations that are possible with groov RIO? Check our math here.
We hope you agree it's worth voting for!
How to vote
To view the Engineers’ Choice finalists and vote, please click on this Engineers' Choice voting link and register, or if you’re already registered, sign into the New Products for Engineers Database.
- Click the Control Engineering 2021 Engineers’ Choice Awards “Vote Now” box.
- Select the Network Integration - I/O Systems category, and vote for the groov RIO module (Opto 22) .
- Be sure to click the Review Your Votes and Submit Your Votes boxes at the bottom right of each page to complete the voting process.
Voting closes December 31, 2020, with winners announced online on February 1, 2021 and featured in the February 2021 issue of Control Engineering.
We appreciate your votes, product feedback and continued support of Opto 22 products. If you are wondering how
groov RIO can work for you, feel free to start a conversation with an Opto engineer via the OptoChat, or send your request through the comment section below. Our engineering team is ready to help!