groov EPIC becomes a Modbus master/client with a few easy lessons.
With Modbus continuing to be a popular protocol for industrial devices, the chances are pretty good you will need to write a program to communicate with Modbus slave/server devices more than a few times. The groov EPIC controller offers several Modbus communication options, and CODESYS, an IEC 61131-3 compliant development environment, is one of them.
- The hardware and software you’ll need
- Creating a CODESYS project from scratch
- Making the groov EPIC a Modbus Master in the CODESYS project
- Adding a slave to the CODESYS project
- Downloading and running the CODESYS project
As you work your way through the lessons, the end result is a working project and a method to develop subsequent projects. There’s also a quiz at the end to test your knowledge.
Modbus/TCP is fully integrated with the CODESYS Development System application and Runtime on groov EPIC.
Check out how easy it is to create your own Modbus Master CODESYS project!