Follow this new cybersecurity video series demonstrating key product features that keep your systems safe.
Terry Orchard is back in the OptoDemo studio and delivering some valuable content you don't want to miss! His latest developer video series takes a closer look at using self-signed certificates with your groov EPIC or groov RIO devices.
The goal is to ensure both trusted and encrypted connections—another way groov products deliver cybersecurity right out of the box.
There are three new videos that explain the process of creating a verified connection to your groov device. Which video you should follow depends on your own application, but the steps are the same for both groov EPIC and groov RIO.
The first video describes how to use the certificate that comes pre-installed on your groov device from the factory. The video includes:
- Overview and tutorial
- How to download and install the certificate
- Using the Microsoft Management Consol
- Importing and verifying the self-signed certificate
The second custom option describes how to create your own hostname and generate a brand new self-signed certificate. This video covers:
- Setting the new hostname
- Creating and downloading the certificate
- Installing the certificate
- Confirming import
- Seeing where the self-signed certificate is stored
Finally, the third video addresses using private certificate authorities. Terry demonstrates how to access a private CA from your company's network and use it to sign a certificate generated on a groov device. You'll learn:
- Certificate verification process
- How to view and install certificates
- Reviewing other certificate types
- Working with untrusted devices
- Changing the hostname
- Generating new certificates
- Downloading files
- Signing and uploading certificates
Thanks for watching!