Opto 22 headquarters welcomed a new group of groov EPIC students to kick off 2024 training.
The value of in-person, instructor-led training at the Opto 22 factory and headquarters is evident after working with another great class of Opto students this week—all eager to become groov EPIC experts. And kudos, once again, to the team of Opto trainers who devote their time to developing a class curriculum that is beneficial for all levels of engineering and types of applications.
This month, students made the trip to California from Texas, Tennessee, Florida, Massachusetts, and parts of central California to attend and spend 4 days immersed in the groov EPIC system—learning all its features, capabilities, and programming options.
If you haven't attended training yet, we hope you can join us at one of our upcoming classes.
One of the perks of attending in-person groov EPIC training at the factory is it comes with a factory tour! Here's this week's class in the middle of their up-close and personal look at Opto 22 operations.
And there is also plenty to do and see in Temecula, CA while you're not in class. Make the most of your visit!
Still wondering if it's worth the trip? Here's what our last class had to say:
Take a look at the 2024 training class schedule, and register to attend one of the 7 remaining classes we're hosting in 2024.
March 4 - 7
April 15 - 18
June 3 - 6
July 15 - 18
August 26 - 29
October 7 - 10
November 18 - 21
Your four-day groov EPIC System Premium Factory Training includes:
- Hands-on instruction for the groov EPIC system (Edge Programmable Industrial Controller). Just as the acronym describes, you will learn how to collect, process, view, and exchange data at the edge, explore new programming options, and use industrially hardened equipment to control applications in real time.
- System components and configuration, networking capabilities, diagnostics, troubleshooting, and communication methods that you can apply to your industrial automation application to build solutions for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
- Breakfast snacks and full lunch every day
- Opto 22 T-shirt
- Duffel bag with gifts inside
Prerequisites: Students must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, but no prior Opto 22 knowledge is required.
Class starts with lunch on Monday at 12:00 noon and instruction starting at 12:30 p.m., through 5:00 p.m. On Tuesday and Wednesday, class starts promptly at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 5:00 p.m. Thursday's class starts at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 12:30 p.m. with lunch served at the conclusion of class.
Each class is limited to 12 students and costs $995 per seat. See Class Details for the complete course description. Some course topics you can expect:
- Select, install, and connect hardware and field devices
- Initialize and configure the groov EPIC processor
- Create control programs and choose programming functions
- Create HMIs
- Collect data from cloud services, databases, and other PLCs
We hope to see you soon!