Node-RED is an open-source software tool for digitally wiring together hardware devices (like the groov Box), APIs (application program interfaces), and online services.
If you have a GROOV-AR1, Node-RED is included starting with groov Admin 44.
(Node-RED is not included in older GROOV-AT1 boxes nor in groov Server for Windows.)
This new version includes Node-RED 0.16.2, with improved debugging, an easier way to locate nodes in a flow, and other enhancements. This release also fixes an issue in Node-RED Admin about uploading SSL certificates with Firefox. See the Node-RED for groov Readme for details on the release.
To get the upgrade:
1. Log into manage.groov.com.
2. Click Show next to your groov Box, and scroll down the list till you see Node Red for groov Box. Click the filename for version 3 to download it.
3. If you haven't installed groov Admin R1.570.45, also download that file (at the top of the list). It adds security features you need.
To install Node-RED for groov Box version 3:
1. Make sure you have groov Admin R1.570.45 in your groov Box.
2. Before updating, back up your Node-RED project using Node-RED Admin.
3. Open groov Admin. Click Quick Start and then the Update Node-RED button.
4. Click Choose File, locate the update file, and click Update.
5. Wait while Node-RED is updated, which may take several minutes. Any flows in progress are restarted.
To update SNAP PAC nodes and add Node-RED nodes for groov:
1. In Node-RED, click the hamburger menu in the upper right and choose Manage palette.
2. In the left-hand column, you can see the nodes you have now.
- SNAP PAC nodes are named
node-red-contrib-pac – Details: SNAP PAC nodes
- groov nodes are named
node-red-contrib-groov – Details: groov nodes
3. Click the Install tab. Search for the node you want; when it appears, click the install button next to it.
For more information and samples, be sure to see:
- Chapter 4, "Using Node-RED" in the groov Box User's Guide (form 2104)
- Node-RED sections in the Opto 22 developer website, developer.opto22.com
- Opto 22 Node-RED forum
Get the Node-RED for groov Box upgrade.