Have you have been waiting for this one?
Now you can create a custom application to read from and write to tags in a PAC Control strategy running on any of our SNAP PAC programmable automation controllers:
- the standalone PAC S-series (shown at right)
- the rack-mounted PAC R-series
- the software-based SoftPAC
That means you can access tags in the strategy like integer, float, and string variables and tables, as well as analog and discrete input and output points.
The new, free .NET Controller Software Development Kit gives you a simple interface and integrated documentation. It's available as a 100% managed DLL, supporting Microsoft's .NET frameworks 4.0 through 4.5 and Visual Studio 2010-2013. Supported Windows platforms include:
- Windows 7 Professional (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 Professional (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012 R2.
NOTE: Remember that this SDK is for accessing PAC Control strategy tags, not the controller's memory map. For the controller's memory map, or for direct access to Ethernet-based I/O unit tags, you'll need the (also free) .NET OptoMMP Software Development Kit for SNAP PAC.
For more information on using the SDK, see the .NET Controller Software Development Kit Technical Note.
Additional questions? Contact Opto 22 Product Support.
OptoNews June 3, 2015 - Read more in this issue:
- Updated groov View for Android and iOS
- See events & notifications in groov 3 webinar
- Tech Tip: Recovering a PAC Control strategy